- Unrestricted: Gifts with no restrictions are applied where dollars are needed most. The flexibility of unrestricted funds enables the university to embrace evolving ideas, programming, and technology.
- Financial Aid: These gifts to the Alumni Fund help Yale maintain its need-blind admissions policy, which promises that students will be accepted regardless of financial need. This year, more than 50% of undergraduates were awarded some amount of need-based financial aid.
- Facilities: The support of donors allows for the renovation and maintenance of Yale’s world-renowned campus.
- Faculty Support and Curriculum Development: Gifts designated toward academic excellence support the faculty, as well as guest lecturers, symposia, workshops, and new curriculum.
- Library Resources: New acquisitions and the conservation of existing collections for Yale’s forty-two library facilities are among the funding priorities.
- Undergraduate Life: Gifts designated toward this area fund all aspects of co-curricular life at Yale: the arts, residential college activities, volunteer pursuits, and publications.
Increase your contribution at no additional cost to you!
Many employers give generously to educational institutions by matching employees’ charitable contributions. Click here to find out if your company matches gifts to Yale.